When it comes to planning an LGBT wedding, you’re probably already hitting Instagram like crazy. It’s the perfect platform to find inspiration for your big day, but which accounts should you be following and why? Let’s take a closer look.
Let’s face it, looking good to say your civil wedding ceremony vows and meet your guests is a must. There’s simply no room for error. So, check out the following accounts that’ll help you fix up and look sharp as you express your love.
- Liberty London – as one of the city’s most iconic stores, Liberty is always setting its own trends with its Instagram page packed with inspirational fashion ideas.
- House of Ollichon – check out the dress-less collection available for brides-to-be.
- Lady Gaga – as a fashion icon and avid supporter of the LGBTQ+ community, Lady Gaga is well-worth a follow on Insta thanks to her inspirational quotes, brave fashion sense and accessory ideas.
- The Sartorialist – fashion blogger Scott Schuman’s work has been featured in publications such as Vogue Italia and Vogue Paris. This account features seriously cool picks for both men and women.
- Jeffree Star – a makeup genius and social figure, Jeffree Star is utterly fabulous and knows how to rock even the most ‘out there’ looks.
- Twigs and Honey – featuring a wealth of style ideas for both same-sex and straight couples, particularly with regards to bridal adornments and accessories, this page oozes sophistication and femininity. It’s also a go-to for bridal wear.
Dazzle with style elements that’ll blow your guests’ minds. Accounts to follow include:
- Jason Mitchell – As an author of a wedding planner for gay grooms and founder of Jason Mitchell Kahn @Co (a wedding and events planning service), this account is loaded with professional pictures of gay and straight couples.
- Mindy Weiss – based in NYC, Weiss has managed many high-profile celebrity weddings for LGBT stars including Ellen Degeneres and Portia di Rossi.
- Mark Neimierko – the master of creating mind-blowing spaces, Mark is a true gent and a top guy to follow if you’re looking to create the ultimate wedding space.
- Canada Gay Weddings – as Canada’s first magazine for the LGBT community, this is a pretty big deal with the Insta page boasting many ideas for same-sex weddings.
- Martha Stewart Weddings – Martha Steward is renowned for her home and styling tips and her wedding account is no different, offering up an array of DIY solutions.
- Rock My Wedding – as the UK’s most-popular wedding planning and styling source, this page features exciting Stories from gift lists to homemade wedding ideas.
Wedding entertainment is, of course, a big deal. So, here are some top Instagram accounts to follow that’ll help bring your special occasion to life.
- Warble Entertainment – whether you want music, magic or a caricaturist Warble Entertainment can help. Take a peek at their Instagram page for inspiration.
- Bash Please – named a top wedding planner by Martha Stewart and Harper’s Bizarre, it’s definitely worth checking out the pics of Bash Please.
Food and Cake
A wedding wouldn’t be a wedding without some delicious culinary treats, right? So, here’s what Instagram offers up in the food and cake section.
- Rhubarb Food – this company is all about creating an interactive dining experience and has catered to British royalty.
- Conjurer’s Kitchen – not all couples want white dresses and flowers. If you want to explore your darker side, this gothic and gory account could be more up your street.
- The Cake Botanist – Naomi Lee is somewhat of a cake making artist, sculping floral showstoppers that are sure to blow your mind.
- Peggy Porschen – As one of the most celebrated cake makers in the industry, Peggy’s Instagram page is a go-to for instant sweet treat design ideas.
If you’re opting for flowers, here are some pages to explore.
- Tularosa Flowers – with snaps full of dazzling flower arrangements, this page will give you colour-scheme inspiration as well as ways to create a beautiful wedding space.
- Rebel Rebel – if you’re looking for bold and beautiful, you’ll find unique floral creations here. The two ladies behind this page are based at one of London’s trendiest markets – Spitalfields.
Hoping for the perfect LGBT wedding venue? Then don’t miss Hythe Imperial. Nestled along the Kentish coast, this Victorian charm offers a wide range of LGBT wedding packages and welcomes same-sex couples with open arms.
Speak to our handpicked suppliers today to see how they can replicate your wedding day look and feel.