The Honeymoon – planning the trip of a lifetime!
Planning your honeymoon
Planning your honeymoon should be one of the most enjoyable of your wedding tasks but you might not know where to start and are looking for some inspiration. Hopefully this blog will whet your appetite and encourage you to start planning your first trip as a married couple!
If you are lucky enough to be able to enjoy a money-is-no-object honeymoon of your dreams, then there will be a very wide selection of holidays from which to choose. If this is the case, do consider engaging the services of a specialist travel agent, as their experience can really pay dividends and you will often end up paying less than going independently, simply because of their knowledge, experience and buying power. They also know some of the secret – and exclusive – places that are off the tourist route!
Ideas for some alternative honeymoons
The world really is your oyster (once again) and, if you’re not a ‘two weeks lying by a pool’ type of couple, here are some ideas for some alternative honeymoons, both in the UK and further afield:
- Hiring a motor home and heading to a glorious part of the UK – the Highlands of Scotland, a surfing trip to Cornwall or a trip to the beautiful beaches of Wales or Northumberland;
- A canal trip – there are so many routes to choose from wherever you are in the country, and something to suit all budgets – what could be more romantic than finding a secluded mooring spot each evening?;
- A UK city break – we have some wonderful cities right on our doorstep! Brighton, Bath, Bournemouth, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Exeter, Liverpool, Oxford, Manchester, Newcastle and York are just some of the great destinations – all with luxury hotels, cultural spots worth visiting, spas and fantastic restaurants…just make sure to book ahead to avoid disappointment;
- A European city break – if you have your wedding here at The Hythe Imperial Hotel, you can jump straight on the Eurotunnel a day or so later and be in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges, Brussels or Paris in just a few hours!;
- How about something active? A trip to the Lake District or Snowdonia is perfect for any couples who love a physical challenge (perhaps combined with one of the incredible spas available in both locations);
- You might be ready for a retreat-style holiday – there are so many options available (and some more active than others – so take your time and speak to the people arranging the retreats to get a proper understanding of the retreat experience they are offering;
- If you have always dreamt of taking a US road trip somewhere such as California or – time permitting – Route 66, why not do it in style and hire yourself the car of your dreams in which to do it?
- A sailing holiday can also be an incredible experience, enabling you to reach parts of the world’s coastlines that you would never be able to otherwise. There are many options here, from chartering a sailing boat around the Greek islands to taking part in a group sailing trip around the islands of Croatia – from here you can also sail to Venice if you’re looking for that romantic icing on the cake.
There really are just so many options so start planning (and saving) as soon as you can. If you can’t decide on exactly one style of holiday, then why not combine some different holiday experiences into one longer trip? And always remember, you have the option of a ‘mini-moon’, a shorter break immediately after your wedding, and give yourselves some breathing space before embarking on your trip of a lifetime! Wherever you go, we wish you Bon Voyage!
Now that you’ve planned the honeymoon, it’s time to get the venue booked! We would love to show you around our beachside wedding venue – give the team a message to book in.