Moët & Chandon champagne bar now open
By personal data, we mean the data which could be used to identify you, including your name and contact details, and any related data which could be attributed to you. It may also include information about how you use our services.
Please note our employees’ personal data protection information can be requested from our HR department, as is not detailed within this policy.
GSE Cheriton Parc Ltd, T/A Hythe Imperial Hotel is responsible as the data controller for your personal data. Our registered address is Unit 4, Eurogate Business Park, Ashford, Kent, TN24 8SB. We are registered as a company in England, under company number 05083202.
The Hythe Imperial Hotel is dedicated to safeguarding the personal information under our remit and in developing a data protection regime that is effective, fit for purpose and demonstrates an understanding of, and appreciation for, the new GDP Regulation. Our preparation and objectives for GDPR compliance includes the development and implementation of new data protection rules, policies, procedures, controls and measures to ensure maximum and ongoing compliance. We use technical measures such as encryption and password protection to ensure your personal data is secure with us. In addition, we are updating our systems to be fully compliant and minimize any data breach risks. Not only by limiting the users’ access rights, but by training our employees, we are committed to keep your personal data secure.
- Personal Data that we collect from you
We may collect any of the below personal data from you dependent on how you use our services:
|Type of personal data||Where / when these may be collected|
|Your name and contact details (email address, telephone number, address)||When you make a booking or reservation (including via 3rd party travel agents)
When you make an enquiry, complete a form (including via 3rd parties)
When you register for our free Wi-Fi
When you sign up to our marketing database
When you enter into a competition
When you purchase a gift voucherWhen you become a member of our Spa and Fitness Centre
When you fill out a feedback form
|Information about your activity with us and your personal preferences/requirements||When you make a booking or reservation
When you make an enquiry or complete a formDuring your stay with us, you might share more sensitive data, such as health requirements or any special requirements
|Names of fellow guests, including the age of any children||When you make a booking for people other than yourself|
|Communication we have with you (emails, letters, telephone calls, messages sent to us, feedback)||When you get in touch with us
When you respond to our requests for feedback
|Information about your activities in our hotel||We use CCTV in and around our hotel.
We keep a record of your car registration number for security purposes.
|Payment card details||When facilitating payment by card either for yourself or on behalf of another guest|
|Information about how you use our website and emails (including your IP address, browser type, geographical location, referring website or source, the duration of your visit, pages viewed and files downloaded)
Information about your interests and preferences
|When you use our website (e.g., to browse or to make a booking)
When you accept our cookies placed on your device
When you open our marketing emailsWhen you interact with our online advertisements via Social Media applications
When you get in touch with us
When you respond to our requests for feedback
We may gather information about your general Internet use by using a cookie file that is downloaded to your computer. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer, as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you, and also to measure our marketing activity.
Such information will not identify you personally, it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. It is used by us to analyze how visitors interact with the website so that we can continue to develop and improve our website.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular areas of our website.
Any advertising featured on this website may also incorporate cookies, over which we have no control. Such cookies (if used) would be downloaded once you click on advertisements on our website.
- Use of your information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you – serving as a lawful basis for processing. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you, given you had provided your consent.
- We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected.
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you, only when you have provided consent, and only by those means you provided consent for.
- If you do not want us to use your data for ourselves or third parties you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors such as your area of residence or age group.
- Storing your personal data
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We only keep your data for as long as we need it. How long we need data depends on what we are using it for, as described above. We aim to destroy any paper copies of your personal data as soon as they have served their purpose (e.g., once information has been entered into a system). In the cases where we need to keep paper copies for longer, we ensure that they are stored securely and access is limited.
- Disclosing your information
- Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to a member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties, but we will never sell, rent or loan your personal data to a third party for the purpose of marketing activity of any nature, unless you have provided us with explicit permission to do so.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimize credit risk.
- Third party links
You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
- Your rights
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access, rectify, restrict and erase the information that we hold about you. Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details below. In addition, you have the right to opt out of newsletters or any marketing material distributed via email from the Hythe Imperial Hotel.
- Contacting us
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would prefer to write to us then our contact address is Hythe Imperial Hotel, Princess Parade, Hythe, Kent, CT21 6AE. Hythe Imperial Hotel has appointed the Executive Director and Financial Controller as Data Protection Officers. You have the right to raise a complaint with the supervisory authority – Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), their details is listed on www.ico.org.uk.